Ref no: OHK-IA/RS
Manager / Senior Manager – Internal Audit
Oxfam is a global movement of people working together to end the injustice of poverty!
Our client, Oxfam Hong Kong, is an independent international development and humanitarian non-profit organization working to alleviate poverty and related injustice. Envisioning a world free of poverty where women and men enjoy well-being and rights, they work with partner organizations on development, humanitarian, policy advocacy, public education, and international development programs with a strong focus in Hong Kong and Mainland China.
Oxfam Hong Kong, a member of the international confederation Oxfam, currently seeks a Manager / Senior Manager – Internal Audit.
manager / senior manager - internal audit
- Report to the Chair of the Finance, Risk and Audit Committee for her/his auditing work and administratively to the Director General
- Prepare audit strategies which meet with agency’s needs
- Organize and carry out the internal audit function and prepare reports on findings for management consideration
- Make recommendations on improving policies, procedures and practices in financial, risk management and internal control matters in the agency; monitor management’s response and implementation
- Review operations or programs to ascertain whether results are consistent with agreed targets, whether the operations or programs are being carried out as planned, and whether there are any risks that are hidden or that exceed the agency’s risk management capability or appetite
- Review and report on the accuracy, timeliness and relevance of the financial and other information that is provided for management
- Ensure all systems are in place where all major risks of the agency are identified and analyzed
- Make recommendations for capacity building among staff and project partners regarding internal control, internal audit, accounting standards and financial management
- A degree in accounting or equivalent, with 3 years’ external audit experience and 2 years’ internal audit experience.
- A recognized professional accounting qualification and internal auditing certification is preferable.
- Knowledge in audit, accounting and finance procedures in computerized audit and accounting system
- Excellent command of spoken and written English and Chinese (Cantonese and Putonghua)
- Excellent analytical, presentation, writing, interpersonal, communications skills
- Proficient in computer applications including MS Office and Chinese word processing
- Able to work unsupervised, travel to and work in developing countries
Please submit your CV to Ms. Rujuta Sitlani at email@example.com, quoting reference OHK-IA/RS or you can call +852 3106 2626 for more information.
The closing date for application is 20 June 2019.
“All Oxfam work is led by three core values: Empowerment, Accountability, Inclusiveness. To read more about our values please visit https://www.oxfam.org/en/explore/how-oxfam-fights-poverty.
Oxfam is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behavior at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct; and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults. Oxfam expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through our code of conduct. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us.
Note: All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and may be subject to appropriate screening checks, which can include criminal records and terrorism finance checks.”
[Data collected will be used for job application processing only.]