Volunteers are a valuable human resource to help strengthen Oxfam Hong Kong’s capacity to fight poverty and related injustice.
They help minimise our administration costs and in turn allow more resources to be allocated to our poverty alleviation work.
Oxfam considers volunteering as a process of personal development. By engaging in our volunteer services and activities, volunteers can have a deeper understanding of our poverty alleviation work.
For 2016-2017, there were 6,358 interns and volunteers who contributed total 53,760 hours to Oxfam’s work. We appreciate this contribution of enthusiasm, time, energy and knowledge.
We welcome Hong Kong citizens who reach the age of 15 to be our registered volunteers. We aim to ensure that our volunteers are given the opportunity to realise their potential and that their contribution is recognised.
For enquiry, please contact Volunteer Coordination Team at 2520-2525 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you.
- I would like to serve poor people directly. Will you arrange volunteers to work at your overseas project sites?
For safety concerns, we will not arrange Hong Kong's volunteers to render overseas services. All voluntary services are conducted in Hong Kong only.
- I am very interested to be a volunteer of Oxfam Hong Kong and will have a two-week holiday starting from next week. Can you arrange some voluntary services for me?
Please contact us by email to email@example.com.
- Do I need to renew my volunteer membership regularly?
Membership is ongoing, and we update our volunteer database every two years. Volunteers can also inform us anytime whether they would like to discontinue their membership.
- Is there any membership fee I need to pay to be a volunteer?
Volunteers are not required to pay any registration fee or membership renewal fee.
- How can I get the latest information about activities organised for volunteers? And how can I enroll?
We usually inform volunteers about our voluntary services and activities via email. Volunteers can sign up by returning the reply slip by email and are advised to check their email accounts from time to time.
- I am now 12 years old. Can I join Oxfam Hong Kong as volunteer?
We require our registered volunteers to reach the age of 15, and written consent from their parents or guardians is needed for volunteers under the age of 18.